Ringgit Oh Ringgit Christmas Giveaway is back! And I have a LOT to giveaway this year, thanks to the generous sponsors!
What Christmas Giveaways are available?
There are gold, cryptocurrencies, newspaper subscriptions and book vouchers up for grabs in SIX raffles. You can enter one or ALL of them, up to you. Prizes:
- 1 x winner for RM200 in bitcoin from Ringgit Oh Ringgit + 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscription
- 1 x winner for RM200 in Ethereum from Luno + 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscription
- 1 x winner for RM200 in gold from HelloGold + 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscription
- 1 x winner for RM200 in Zcoin + 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscription
- 6 x winners for 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscriptions
- 1 x winner for RM100 in Kinokuniya vouchers from Ringgit Oh Ringgit
The sponsors, in 6 words or less:
- Ringgit Oh Ringgit – Suraya’s personal finance blog
- Focus Malaysia – Weekly business newspaper
- ZCoin – Privacy-focused cryptocurrency
- Luno – Bitcoin and Ethereum exchange, accepts MYR
- HelloGold – Keep gold as low as RM1
Note: Interested to be a sponsor? Comment here and I’ll get back to you 🙂
How to enter and win the Christmas giveaway
I track my spending. All of it. In an app. Each purchase gets categorised – for example, rent money goes under the ‘Rent’ category and Tesco bill goes under the ‘Groceries’ category.
One of the categories is ‘Misc Needs’ – things that I have to buy anyway, but they don’t occur often enough to have their own category. They tend to be ‘money emergencies’. For example, things I have to fix or replace. But they’re also things I *have* to do, like haircuts.
I just want to share my observations about my spending patterns in this budget category.
Observation #1: I think I’ve somehow upgraded my lifestyle in 2017
The other day, someone wrote to me. She asked, ‘Suraya, can you do a post about getting over one’s nerves when investing for the first time?‘