Budget Update: January 2016
January Budget Update Summary
I can easily recap January with these few keywords: bitcoin, content writing, and working out 🙂
Bitcoin: It’s so interesting. I love following up Bitcoin news. But more than that, I love the disruptive nature of Bitcoin (or rather, blockchain – the technology behind it). Guys. Blockchains is to banks like Uber is to the taxi industry. I will write more about Bitcoin soon – Malaysians can’t be left out. There’s so much savings we can take advantage of from the small but emerging Bitcoin/cryptocurrency financial industry, when we bypass banks completely.
It’s important to clarify here. Bitcoin can exist as a service, and also as investment. On the latter, DO NOT take any of my writing as investment advice, please.
Content writing: I am officially a paid freelance web content contributor, on the subject of personal finance 🙂 I contribute to two websites (so far): The New Savvy – a finance and career guide for women, and efinancialmanagement – a financial management resource. Check out my writing there!
Working out: I’ve lost weight, and inches on the keto diet. I also lost track of how many times my mom tried to feed me random snacks, just to play with my emotion. Mom -_-;;
Yay of the Month:
- I visited Kuala Sepetang, famous for its Mee Udang, charcoal and scenic boat rides. Unfortunately, it was raining so no boat rides for us, but if you want to stock up on dried fish and shrimp, it’s 10/10 can recommend. It’s about 1 hour drive from Ipoh.
- It’s been a while since I had tailored baju kurung. RM170 (service charge) plus RM50 (cloth) for 2 sets is okay, right?
- I changed the theme for this website! It looks nicer, right? 🙂 I used a *gasp* paid theme. It was USD39.
Nay of the Month:
- Donated some more money towards my sister’s wedding. To be honest I did this on a whim. I’m not exactly swimming in cash, and I’m spending more than I earn, which is bad. Don’t be like me. I can be a bad example too.
- I had to pay a RM300 fine 🙁
Things to Look Forward to:
- More writing about financial stuff <3
- Making a career out of this.
Want to check out my previous monthly updates? Check this link!
Suraya dah sampai my kampung but did not inform me hahaha…yes am from there.
Keep on writing…and I’ll keep on reading.
Always learning as long as am breathing…