Let’s talk about SRI, or Socially Responsible Investing, also known as Sustainable Investing, ESG Investing (Environmental, Social and Governance) or otherwise under the umbrella of ethical investing. I like the idea of my money being used for good, even while investing it.
But – how do you invest in ‘good’ companies? How do you even quantify ‘good’? Joining me is Mr Najmuddin Mohd Lutfi, CEO of BIMB Investment Management Berhad. That’s the company behind BEST Invest app, which offers sustainable funds for retail investors (ie you and me) to invest in.
In this video, you’ll find out:
- The terms SRI and ESG Investing
- How it is defined, from the financial point of view
- The usage of data in quantifying ‘good’
- How it is used to make better (read: more profitable) investments
- The catch of using this method of investing
- Plus my commentary on accountability
View the full video below 🙂
Do you factor in ethics while making investment decisions? What investments you *won’t* do because it doesn’t reflect your values? Tell me in the comments section!