First of all, its him, not her. Whoops. He was renamed Yoshi. As is in Mario tu du tu tududuuu… boing.
In addition to previous post, where I listed some necessary items for cat ownership, some FB friends added on the following to the kitty starter cost:
- Vaccination* – around RM60 (there’s two)
- Spaying* – around RM200, or around RM90 with SPCA
*Apparently its possible to go to government veterinary department for cheaper vaccination and spaying. My friend said that spaying costed her RM50 only.
Some things that I bought:
- Another kitty food because fella keep diarrhea-ing with the Smart Heart brand one. RM24 for a kilo.
- RM8 for deworming tablet.
- A fancy ass Italian/German/Swiss/some European country wet cat food – RM3.50 for a small can (For comparison, the usual brand one is like RM1.50 okay)
This adds up to RM88 spent so far.
Some other things I’m buying/thinking of buying:
- Pet carrier (takkan bawak pergi vet pakai kotak kot) – RM??
- Scratching post (some reddit guy DIY-ed his own out of cardboard, I might do that) – RM??
- Collar – RM??
Cat bedNo need, he really likes sleeping in my lap and on the sofa. Cute bugger.
Worth mentioning – other costs:
- Tissues, sanitary wipes, cleaning products to clean up said diarrhea.
- Uneaten fancy ass wet cat food. He lick lick lick then completely refused to eat it any more -_-
Yoshi’s personality is very pleasant. He likes to be around people. He likes touches and cuddles and rubs. He learns fast – toilet training was a breeze and he doesn’t use claws+teeth anymore when playing with me (I’ve only had him for 5 days). Although his meowing is annoying (its like me-aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all the time), he’s so sweet and very, very easy to love. Even now as I’m writing this, Yoshi is sleeping in my lap.
My back is cramping. I don’t have the heart to move and disturb his sleep. Halp.