Money Stories from Malaysians: Volume 1 Book
Money Stories from Malaysians: Volume 1 is a compilation of 10 short stories from 10 different authors. I’ve purposely picked stories that have wildly different themes and storylines.
Here are short teasers of each stories:
1. (My story) A small business owner living in dystopian Malaysia which implements universal basic income
2. Story of a single father and his young daughter (I legit shed tears)
3. The concept of memories as currency
4. A son’s account on how a Ponzi scheme affected his family after it busted, losing all their and their relatives’ money
5. Harpies (half human/half bird) and other fantasy creatures doing budgeting and grocery shopping and stuff
6. A refreshingly honest account of a smoker who knows he should quit smoking but why is the expenses not enough of a deterrent?
7. Trying to recover an expensive in-app purchase that you did NOT make
8. Reality TV-style challenge where participants have to complete gross challenges to win prize money
9. How a PhD holder managed her finances while studying
10. And last but not least, how much a mother’s work would sum up to, in RM