This short and sweet article will inform you of the Spotify Premium price AND give you 2 ways to save money on Spotify Premium fee. It comes with the following disclaimer.
Article disclaimer: I am not accountable for whatever happens to your Spotify accounts should you use any of these tips, including but not limited to suspended accounts and extra charges.
That said, the chances of that happening is very small.
How Much is Spotify Premium in Malaysia?
How much for Spotify Premium in Malaysia? The short answer is… from RM15.90 per month, but you can reduce that to as low as RM4.15 per month using the tips further below this article.
Official Spotify Premium Price – Here’s the Spotify monthly fee
As of the time of writing (July 2023), the official Spotify Premium price or Spotify monthly fee is:
- Spotify Premium price for Spotify Individual Plan (1 user): RM15.90 per month / RM190.80 per year
- Spotify Premium price for Spotify Duo Plan (2 users): RM21.50 per month / RM258 per year
- Spotify Premium price for Spotify Family Plan (up to 6 users): RM24.90 per month / RM298.80 per year
Source: Spotify Premium Malaysia
If you think that’s kinda expensive, then let’s get to the part where you learn how to save money on your Spotify Premium fee 🙂
Method #1 – Get on a Duo or Family instead of an Individual Plan
Sharing is not only caring, but it’ll save you money on your Spotify Premium plan. If everyone contributes equally,
- Sharing with 1 other person in the Spotify Duo Plan will cost each of you RM10.75 per month, or RM129 per year.
- Sharing with 5 other people in the Spotify Family Plan will cost each of you RM4.15 per month, or RM49.80 per year
The catch is that someone must be responsible to hold the main account. They will make the payment to Spotify via their account as well as assign account keys to the other five people. The main account holder will also have to chase the rest for payments, so the effective way is to collect the money upfront.
Important point: All six of you need to key in the exact same address.
Method #2 – Keep an eye out for deals
There are 3 deals now: Get 2 months for the price of 1, Spotify Premium Mini and Spotify Student
#1 – Get 2 months for the price of 1
As of the time of writing (July 2023), Spotify Premium Malaysia offers 2-for-1 month deal for new subscribers.
#2 – Spotify Premium Mini price
As of the time of writing (July 2023), Spotify Premium Malaysia offers Spotify Premium Mini, which is priced at RM0.75 per day.
#3 – Spotify Student price
As of the time of writing (July 2023), Spotify Malaysia offers Spotify Students, which is priced at RM8.90 per month. Take note this deal is only available to students at an accredited education institution.
There is also a 2-for-1 month deal for new subscribers!
If you like these deals, go for it because they don’t tend to last before replaced with new (and often less good) deals.
Other expired Spotify Premium deals in the past include:
- [EXPIRED] GrabRewards Gold and Platinum users can enjoy 3 months of Spotify Premium Plan for free
- [EXPIRED] Spotify used to offer 3-month Spotify Premium Plan for just RM2.
- [EXPIRED] Maxis’ ONEPlan has an option to get 1-year Spotify Premium Plan for RM1, if you lock your phone plan in a 2-year contract.
- [EXPIRED] Via Hotlink, you can get 3-month Spotify Premium Plan for RM14.90
Note: The list is not exhaustive, just the ones I know. Do have a look with your telco provider and e-wallets, in case they do other short-term deals. If you know more, please comment and share.
Bottom line: How much is Spotify Premium depends on convenience
So which Spotify Premium subscription should you pick – directly from Spotify, or via one of the 3 methods above?
My recommendation is… try the cheapest possible options first, ie Method #1 and #2. If it works out, great. If it doesn’t, then pay for convenience (ie subscribe directly from Spotify at normal price).
Well, there you have it! You have learned all official Spotify Premium prices, and how much to get Spotify Premium in Malaysia for cheaper via legal channels. Enjoy your ad-free music, podcast and the super fun annual Spotify Wrapped experience 🙂
While you’re at it, here’s how to save money on Netflix subscription, too.