December 2015. That’s when I got my first bitcoin.
It’s now December 2017. It’s been two years since then. A LOT has happened, mostly positive.
This is a review my two years so far in bitcoin investment.
EDIT: Giveaway over; all prizes claimed! Thanks for your participation, everyone 🙂
Ringgit Oh Ringgit Christmas Giveaway is back! And I have a LOT to giveaway this year, thanks to the generous sponsors!
What Christmas Giveaways are available?
There are gold, cryptocurrencies, newspaper subscriptions and book vouchers up for grabs in SIX raffles. You can enter one or ALL of them, up to you. Prizes:
- 1 x winner for RM200 in bitcoin from Ringgit Oh Ringgit + 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscription
- 1 x winner for RM200 in Ethereum from Luno + 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscription
- 1 x winner for RM200 in gold from HelloGold + 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscription
- 1 x winner for RM200 in Zcoin + 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscription
- 6 x winners for 1 year of Focus Malaysia subscriptions
- 1 x winner for RM100 in Kinokuniya vouchers from Ringgit Oh Ringgit
The sponsors, in 6 words or less:
- Ringgit Oh Ringgit – Suraya’s personal finance blog
- Focus Malaysia – Weekly business newspaper
- ZCoin – Privacy-focused cryptocurrency
- Luno – Bitcoin and Ethereum exchange, accepts MYR
- HelloGold – Keep gold as low as RM1
Note: Interested to be a sponsor? Comment here and I’ll get back to you 🙂
How to enter and win the Christmas giveaway
This is a follow-up to my Bitcoin FAQ article. You need to understand bitcoin first before diving into other types of cryptocurrencies. If you have not read that, you might find this confusing, so read that first.
This article looks at cryptocurrency and altcoins from a more ‘investor’, rather than ‘tech’ point of view. If any info here is wrong or outdated, please let me know by commenting.
February 2017 Budget Update Summary
Looking for information about bitcoin in Malaysia? I’m glad people are showing more interest in this, but it’s risky to dive in without sufficient information. From my experience admin-ing one of the Bitcoin Malaysia FB pages (here; join for latest news and updates), seems like many people like to promote unsafe bitcoin investment opportunities.
So here’s a FAQ about everything you should know about Bitcoin in Malaysia, as a newbie. This is kept fairly jargon free.