May Budget Update Summary
May was awesome, the great really out shadowed the bad by like, a mile and a half. All in all, very grateful.
There were moments when I got depressed (for lack of better word) when I saw some new achievements of Facebook friends. Seriously, everytime I go on FB I feel like shit afterwards. Is this common? I looked it up, and apparently yeah, it is. Just shows that nothing you achieve can ever be enough, so just stop letting it distract you I guess. Do your thing, because if not, no one’s going to do it for you. #wahsurayasodeep
I also felt re-awakening of my desire to be a digital nomad. For those who don’t know what this term means, it’s basically someone who can work remotely and is location-independent. You can work anywhere as long as you have internet. I’m seriously itching to go grocery-shopping in a Tesco in Europe. I also can’t wait to complain about winter. Oh I’m going to need one of y’all to (gently) break this news to my parents.
Yay of the Month:
- Some amazing guys and I launched WangTarik! It’s a personal finance platform in Malay language, so my dears please go ahead and read that one too for money tips ya 🙂
- I turned 28 and no one asked me when I’m going to get married #win
- Bitcoin price skyrocketed like crazy. Ether price increased as well. USD strengthen against RM. Between the three of these, I’m a very, very happy woman.
- I went on an island holiday (read here for total cost).
- Got more freelance writing work. Notably, I got published in HongKiat!
- Watched One Punch Man for the comedy (highly recommended!) and Owari no Seraph for the eye candy (A+ for character design, C- as soon as they speak).
Nay of the Month:
- Junk food month. I’m so ashamed of myself, putting this much crap in my body. Because I was traveling, I stopped doing keto for a while… but I never got back on it once the travel was over. There is definitely a change in general moodiness – I tend to have higher highs and lower lows while on a normal (ie not keto) diet.
- Also did not work out as much as I wanted. No excuse, just plain ol laziness. Which I really have to fix in June.
- I’ve gotten lazy with logging in my expenses (I use the Money Lover app). Usually I’ll straightaway record whatever spending I make right after I buy it, but now I tend to wait a few days. It’s screwing up my data and I hate it!
- So basically, in May I did well in my professional life, but in my personal life I was a lazy piece of shit.
Things to Look Forward to:
- Fasting month…? Raya…? Tbh I’m not the biggest fan for both but yeah an obligation is an obligation.
- Also, screwed sleeping pattern due to waking up to eat sahur at night. This will be my first keto fasting season. Theoretically, keto can make fasting easier because it’s all about satiety. Let’s see if that’s the case or not.
- In the spirit of Ramadan, try hard to be a better person. I’m a staunch believer that you can be a better Muslim by being a better person, not the other way around. I’ll start now. You there. Yes, you. Correct your posture. Don’t hunch. Later back pain. Ok? Alright, be well now.
Have a good June, you guys 🙂
To read about my past monthly budget update, click here.